We are proud of our Catering Department all of whom work hard to provide students with healthy and tasty meals every day.
- Our main meals and desserts are made freshly each day on the premises.
- Our gold membership of the Heart of Derbyshire scheme means we make healthier food choices available by offering pledges on the fat, salt, sugar, vegetable, fruit, wholegrain and allergen content; and portion sizes of our meals.
- All our suppliers are reputable local businesses.
- The bread used in our sandwiches is sourced from a local bakery and is made every day; the sandwiches are made every day by our staff.
- The school does not use peanuts in any of its menu items.
- We try to help students to find the meal they want wherever possible: if a particular sandwich is not available at the end of lunch we will make a fresh one and, as we have two separate kitchens, we can always find a tasty meal when asked.
- All catering staff are fully trained in food safety and hygiene, and refresh their knowledge every 3 years.
- The catering department is self financing - the very reasonably priced meals generate the income necessary for all costs including salaries, and gas and electricity use.
- All of our staff are always happy to help students with any queries they may have.
- We are proud to have a five star food hygiene rating.
Paying for School Meals
The school has appointed ‘WisePay’ to provide parents and staff with the option of making secure online payments for school meals, and other items, using a debit or credit card. Further information about how WisePay works is available on our 'Payments to School' page.
A daily limit of £4.40 is set for students in Years 7-11, and £6.55 for those in Years 12-13. Parents may contact the school if they wish their child to have a different limit.
- A 'meal deal' is available every day: our students can opt for a specially complete, nutritionally balanced meal for just £2.44
- Details of the meal deal are available on the 'Lunch Menus', which are downloadable at the bottom of this page
Menus are rotated on a 4-weekly basis.
Free School Meals
Did you know that just by registering your children for Free School Meals, in addition to gaining the support yourself, the school will receive money which can then be used to help the students? Click here for more information.