We are proud of our Catering Department all of whom work hard to provide students with healthy and tasty meals every day.
- Our main meals and desserts are made freshly each day on the premises.
- Our gold membership of the Heart of Derbyshire scheme means we make healthier food choices available by offering pledges on the fat, salt, sugar, vegetable, fruit, wholegrain and allergen content; and portion sizes of our meals.
- All our suppliers are reputable local businesses.
- The bread used in our sandwiches is sourced from a local bakery and is made every day; the sandwiches are made every day by our staff.
- We consider the environment in our catering provision, using plastic free, biodegradable sandwich boxes, compostable pasta pots and recycling or re-using containers wherever possible.
- The school does not use peanuts in any of its menu items.
- We try to help students to find the meal they want wherever possible: if a particular sandwich is not available at the end of lunch we will make a fresh one and, as we have two separate kitchens, we can always find a tasty meal when asked.
- All catering staff are fully trained in food safety and hygiene, and refresh their knowledge every 3 years.
- The catering department is self financing - the very reasonably priced meals generate the income necessary for all costs including salaries, and gas and electricity use.
- All of our staff are always happy to help students with any queries they may have.
- We are proud to have a five star food hygiene rating.
Paying for School Meals
The school uses ‘WisePay’ to enable parents and staff to make secure online payments for school meals, and other items, using a debit or credit card. Further information about how WisePay works is available on our 'Payments to School' page.
A daily limit of £4.55 is set for students in Years 7-11, and £6.70 for those in Years 12-13. This is a daily limit and includes any items purchased during morning break. Parents may contact the school if they wish their child to have a different limit.
Snacks available to purchase at morning break include cereal bars and fresh fruit. There are meals available every lunchtime for £3 or less. Here are some examples:
We ask that students and parents ensure that funds are available in their WisePay accounts in advance to pay for meals. To assist with this, an email reminder is sent to parents of students whose accounts contain less than £3.00.
How to reset your WisePay Password: downloadable step by step guide.
Free School Meals
Did you know that just by registering your children for Free School Meals, in addition to gaining the support yourself, the school will receive money which can then be used to help the students? Click here for more information.